Hi readers and friends, thank you for reading the food articles I shared. I share my experience with you. What I want to share with you today is: “Buy beef, choose ” Wet” or “dry”? There is a big difference, remember 4 words can not be wrong』
Beef is rich in nutrients, has the effect of strengthening the body, tonifying deficiency, and has a balanced nature Sweet, very suitable for eating in winter, the taste of stewed rotten, the whole family loves to eat. Or make stewed beef or beef sauce, which is crispy and delicious, so it’s not addictive.
However, beef is not cheap, if you don’t know how to choose, It’s easy to be fooled, it’s not delicious and it’s a waste of money, will everyone choose beef? Let’s talk about it today. There are generally two types of beef in the vegetable market, one is dry on the surface, and the other is a little moist to the touch. Which one should I buy?
Actually, these two types of beef are very different. If you don’t know how to buy randomly, you can easily buy water-injected meat or frozen meat. The old butcher said, When buying beef, you must keep the following points in mind, and you can easily buy good beef.
[Buy beef remember “3 do not buy ”]
1. Don’t buy beef that is very moist
Many people think that the beef is very moist to the touch, and there is even blood coming out, which means that it has just been slaughtered and is very fresh. It is wrong to think so, unless you see the freshly slaughtered beef with your own eyes.
Normal beef, after being slaughtered in the slaughterhouse, must be pre-cooled and deacidified to complete the “after-cooking” process, and the meat quality will become more Soft and tender, the smell of meat is also less, highlighting the fresh flavor. This process is usually done by hanging, under the action of gravity, the blood water will be completely emptied, so the surface is dry. If the surface is very wet and blood drips continuously, it is likely to be “water-injected meat” or “frozen meat”.
You should buy one that is hung up, and the surface is dry without blood dripping down Beef, such beef is of high quality.
2. Don’t buy beef if it’s inelastic
If the beef is stored for a long time, it will lose moisture and become dry, so it is not enough to just look at the dryness, but also to look at the quality of the meat. Press the beef with your fingers. If the meat is loose and there is a nest, it means that the quality of the beef is poor. It may be frozen for a long time and then thawed. If it is very hard after pressing, it means that it has been exposed to the air for a long time. After losing moisture, the fiber becomes thicker and the taste is poor.
High-quality beef is soft to the touch, It can recover quickly after being pressed with a finger, indicating that it is very elastic.
3. Don’t buy beef if it smells bad
Beef is a herbivore, so it is normal to have a grassy smell, but some beef has a strong smell, which means it has been put or frozen for a long time. If there is a sour, foul, musty, or pungent smell, it means that the beef has deteriorated or has been processed. Do not buy it.
Normal beef has a faint grassy smell without any peculiar smell.
What kind of beef is high quality?
The color is dark red (the color of myoglobin), and the fat is white (there is a faint yellow that is oxidized), The surface is relatively dry and slightly damp, but there is no obvious moisture, no blood drips when hung up, and the grassy smell is very light. If these conditions are met, it is good beef.
Let me recommend a delicious beef recipe with soft taste Rotten, even a toothless grandma can bite.
【Tomato Potato Beef Stew】
Preparation 2 Pounds of beef brisket, 2 tomatoes, 3 potatoes, 1 green onion, 1 piece of ginger, 2 star anises, 4 bay leaves, 3 hawthorn slices, salt, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, cooking wine, rock sugar.
1. Cut the beef brisket into large pieces, soak the bleeding water in clean water, put it in a pot under cold water, put 2 scallions and 2 slices of ginger, Bring another tablespoon of cooking wine, cook on high heat for 5 minutes, skim off the foam, remove the beef and rinse it with clean water.
2. Wash the tomatoes and potatoes and cut them into large pieces. Heat the oil in a pan, pour in the beef cubes, stir-fry over low heat until the aroma is golden, add onion, ginger, star anise, and bay leaves and stir-fry until the aroma is released.
3. Add a handful of rock sugar, After frying the sugar color, stir fry evenly, then add light soy sauce and dark soy sauce to taste, pour an appropriate amount of boiling water to cover the beef, pour it into a pressure cooker, and simmer for 40 minutes on low heat.
4. Pour an appropriate amount of oil into the pot and add tomato pieces Stir-fry for a while, pour in the potato cubes after frying the red juice, stir-fry evenly, pour in the beef and soup, continue to simmer for 20 minutes, turn on the high heat to collect the juice, sprinkle chopped green onion after the soup is thick, turn off the heat and take out the pot .
【Summary of skills】
Remember 4 words when buying beef, that is, “hanging, dry, bomb, and light”, and you can easily buy high-quality beef. Welcome to leave a message to discuss, if you think the article is useful to you, please give me likes, comments, forwarding, Pay attention, let more people see it, let everyone learn together, thank you for your support, see you next time!