When people reach middle age, various organs of the body begin to age, and their physiological functions are not as good as before, among which the spleen and stomach are the most vulnerable.
The spleen is the “nurtured foundation” of human beings. The continuation of life activities and the metaplasia and enrichment of essence, qi, blood and body fluid all depend on the physiological function of the spleen to govern transportation and transformation.
Once there is a problem with the spleen, it will inevitably affect multiple systems of the human body. And this is often the early stage of the disease, or even the transition period from sub-health to disease.
If the spleen is deficient, all kinds of diseases will occur. When the spleen is deficient, the food eaten cannot be fully transformed and absorbed, so it is easy to produce dampness and phlegm. In addition, severe spleen deficiency will lead to sagging of qi, dizziness, sagging of internal organs and other manifestations.
Deficiency of the spleen spleen will affect its blood function, making people prone to subcutaneous ecchymosis, bleeding, blood in the stool, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, bleeding gums, etc.
Spleen Qi deficiency, the body will have the following symptoms
1, pale lips: spleen The opening is in the mouth, and its beauty is in the lips. When the spleen and stomach are weak and the production of qi and blood is insufficient, pale lips will appear.
2. Dark yellow complexion: The five viscera are of five colors, and different viscera problems will show different complexions. Such as heart disease prone to redness, because the heart is red. The spleen dominates yellow, and people with spleen deficiency tend to have a dark yellow complexion.
3. Easy constipation or loose stools: The spleen controls the transport and transformation of qi, blood and body fluid. If other organs are not moisturized, for example, the large intestine is not moisturized, then constipation will occur, or the stool is syrupy.
4. Drooling while sleeping: Traditional Chinese medicine believes that the five zang organs are transformed into liquid, the spleen is saliva, the mouth is spleen orifice, and saliva flows out In the mouth, saliva is the fluid of the spleen.
Salivation is saliva. When the spleen is deficient, the ability to manage salivation decreases, and saliva will run around indiscriminately. Therefore, drooling during sleep is a typical symptom of spleen deficiency.
5. Easy to gain weight or not to eat fat: The function of spleen deficiency to transport and transform decreases, which leads to the accumulation of excess fat in the body, so it is easy to gain weight. In addition, spleen deficiency is easy to produce damp heat, even if you eat more, the damp heat can be evaporated for you, so you will not eat fat.
6. Edema: The spleen and stomach are originally to transport and transform water and dampness. It will accumulate, so it is easy to appear the phenomenon of edema.
7. Sweaty hands and feet: Deficiency of the spleen is prone to dampness. When the dampness and heat bet, it will be discharged from the limbs, so the phenomenon of sweating of the hands and feet is easy to occur. In addition, hot and humid betting will also easily make women’s leucorrhea abnormal, for example, the leucorrhea is white, odorless, etc.
8. Hiccups: The spleen is not properly transported and transformed, and food accumulates in the epigastric cavity, resulting in poor qi movement in the middle energizer, and finally hiccups are likely to occur.
Invigorating Qi and strengthening the spleen, sharing a first recipe for strengthening the spleen – Liu Junzi Decoction
For spleen deficiency, we use The main thing is to replenish qi, but to replenish qi must first replenish the spleen, because the spleen is the source of qi and blood biochemistry. Only when the spleen is well nourished can we be able to transport and transform the subtleties of water and grain.
Among the prescriptions for strengthening the spleen, there is one prescription that can be called the first prescription for strengthening the spleen. It is based on Sijunzi soup with two herbs, called Liujunzi soup.
Zhang Lu, a medical scientist in the late Ming and early Qing dynasties, said: “For those with qi deficiency, supplement it with sweet, ginseng, art, ling, and grass, which are sweet, warm and beneficial to the stomach. virtue, so he is a gentleman.”
The main ingredients of Liujunzi Decoction are Taizishen, Atractylodes, Poria, Zhigancao, Chenpi and Pinellia.
Princess Radix Ginseng is a member of the ginseng family. Taizi ginseng tastes sweet, bitter and has a mild medicinal property. It can be said that it is suitable for all ages. It has the effect of invigorating the spleen, invigorating the spleen, and nourishing the lungs. Due to the relatively high price, many people now use Codonopsis instead. In fact, this is also possible.
Atractylodes is warm in nature, sweet and bitter in taste, and can not only invigorate Qi, but also dry dampness and strengthen the spleen. In traditional Chinese medicine, the spleen likes dryness and dislikes dampness. If the spleen is deficient in transportation and transformation, it is easy to generate dampness, so it is just right to use Atractylodes to regulate it.
< p>Poria is flat in nature, sweet and light in taste, and can diuretic dampness to invigorate the spleen. Combined with Atractylodes, it can strengthen the ability to dispel dampness, thereby restoring the normal function of the spleen.
Zhigancao is mild in nature and sweet in taste, can enter the heart, spleen, lung, and stomach meridians, and has the effect of reconciling various medicines. In this recipe, it can mobilize the medicinal properties of other five herbs, so that their medicinal effects can be fully exerted.
Tangerine peel is bitter, acrid, and warm in nature. In this recipe, it can help strengthen the spleen, and it can also sort out the qi in the body, so as not to invigorate the spleen too much and cause qi stagnation.
Pinellia is pungent in taste and warm in nature.
The above six herbs have the functions of tonifying qi, strengthening the spleen, drying dampness, resolving phlegm, regulating qi, etc. On the whole, it is especially suitable for diseases with spleen and stomach qi deficiency combined with phlegm-damp internal resistance or spleen and stomach qi stagnation.
When taking Liujunzi Decoction, pay attention to the following points
1. Not suitable for pregnant women
Liujunzi Decoction is warm in nature and can invigorate Qi and dispel dampness. If you do have a weak temper, take it under the guidance of a doctor.
2. People with hot constitution should not take it
Liu Junzi Decoction has the properties of warm and dry, so it is not suitable for hot constitution, for example, it is often easy to People who get angry often get acne, dry stools, etc.
3. People with yin deficiency and fire are not suitable to take it
If you feel dry mouth after drinking Liujunzi soup, red tongue with little or no coating, Most of them are yin deficiency or fire, and this kind of people is also not suitable.