Controversy in the tumor community: 4 types of cancer should not be called “cancer”, and there is no need for over-treatment

my country is a country with the highest incidence and death rate of cancer. In recent years, the number of cancer patients has been increasing year by year.< span>According to relevant statistics, the incidence of cancer has maintained an annual increase of 3.1%, and the death rate accounts for 1/2.

Many people always equate tumor with cancer, but in fact, tumor is not equal to cancer.


Tumor is not equal to cancer

Tumor and cancer Tumors in a broad sense include benign tumors, borderline tumors and malignant tumors. Strictly speaking, only malignant tumors can be called cancer.

Tumors and cancers differ in morphology

Generally speaking, benign tumor cells are not different from normal human cells in morphology, but on the contrary, cancer cells are different from normal human cells There is a large difference, and there are obvious heteromorphic types, which leads to the obvious difference in the impact of benign tumors and cancers on the human body. Benign tumors generally have no major impact on the body, while cancer will seriously threaten life safety.

There is a big difference in the characteristics of tumor and cancer development< /p>

The growth rate of benign tumors is relatively slow and will gradually expand. The important thing is that benign tumors will be covered by capsules, which only have some pressure on the surrounding tissues and do not It will infiltrate into it, and benign tumors can generally be touched with the surrounding tissues by hand, there is a clear boundary and no metastasis will occur, and recurrence is rare after surgery.

Malignant tumors are different Yes, malignant tumors grow very fast and infiltrate the surrounding tissue, it does not have a capsule, it connects to the surrounding tissue, and the cancer tumor is more serious, larger, and Invasion of other normal cells may recur even after surgery.

There are pathological differences between tumors and cancer

Because there is no obvious difference between benign tumor cells and our normal human cells, if we conduct a pathological examination on it, we will not find its nucleus The phenomenon of division is different from that of malignant tumors. It is completely different from normal cells and has completely lost its normal physiological functions.

As long as we mention malignant tumors, many people will think it is cancer and equate cancer with death. In fact, even malignant tumors are not as scary as everyone imagines on purpose. If we can treat them in time, we may be able to cure them, and different malignant tumors have different properties.


Controversy in the field of tumors: 4 types of cancer should not be called “cancer”, and there is no need for overtreatment

1. Thyroid cancer

Thyroid cancer is a relatively common type Malignant tumors, and now many people can be found to have thyroid nodules during physical examination.This is only 5% of thyroid nodules, which may deteriorate into thyroid cancer.

In fact, AAdenocarcinoma is a kind of lazy cancer, which develops very slowly, and if it is found early, without local lymph node metastasis or distant metastasis, the prognosis after surgery is still very good, and it will not be fatal.

Even if it develops to an advanced stage, due to the characteristics of thyroid cancer, active treatment can prolong life.

2. Breast cancer

In recent years, breast cancer has become a major cancer that threatens women’s health. 99% of breast cancer occurs in women, and the probability of breast cancer in men only accounts for 1%, Because the mammary gland is not an important organ to maintain human life activities, breast cancer in situ is not fatal.

Early breast cancer can be cured by surgery Thorough removal of lesions, combined with chemotherapy, endocrine therapy, radiotherapy or traditional Chinese medicine adjuvant therapy, targeted therapy and other comprehensive treatments based on pathology and related tests after surgery, the cure rate is still very high.

3. Low-risk prostate cancer

There are differences in cancers in the prostate,15%~20% of the patients, life-threatening only 3%, that is to say, prostate cancer The mortality rate is relatively low.

Male friends are prone to prostate problems as they age. Once diagnosed, prostatitis must be actively treated. In fact, the development speed of prostate cancer is relatively slow, and the tumor volume is very small. It only spreads inside the prostate, and there is no need for immediate surgical treatment.

If this happens,you can go to the hospital every six months Check once again,Know the condition in time.

4, bladder cancer

Bladder cancer is the most common type of malignant tumor in the urinary system. Bladder cancer is the part with the highest incidence rate in the genitourinary system. The most common bladder cancer cells come from the bladder mucosa surface.

Treatment options for bladder cancer depend on how deeply the tumor has invaded the bladder wall, for superficial tumors or only Some tumors can be scraped through the urethra without surgery.

Patients with non-muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma usually utilize Transurethral resection of bladder tumors followed by bladder infusion to prevent recurrence, The 5-year survival rate for patients with invasive bladder cancer after total cystectomy is 60%-70%.


After a cancer patient is discharged from the hospital, it does not mean that everything will be fine.

Cancer is prone to recurrence and metastasis , so after surgery, it doesn’t mean everything will be fine. Clinically, as long as the symptoms and signs disappear and the function recovers, it is considered cured. However, for cancer patients, Once they get cancer, they may need to fight against cancer for a lifetime .

Routine blood tests

Regular blood routine, complete set of biochemical tests, and tumor marker checks are also required. You can observe the hematopoiesis of the bone marrow to see whether the white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets meet the conditions for postoperative adjuvant therapy.

Bone Scan

Bone is the most common site for advanced cancer to metastasize. Thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, ribs, and femur are more common. Bone scanning is based on the radioactive concentration of radioactive isotopes in the lesion. The diagnosis is highly sensitive.

At the early stage of tumor metastasis, there is abnormal metabolism of local bone tissue, so bone scintigraphy can detect bone metastases of malignant tumors 3-6 months earlier than X-ray film.< /span>

Thorax and abdomen CT

Some tumor cells are prone to hematogenous metastasis, and lymphatic metastasis is relatively rare. The usual metastatic sites include pleural metastasis, liver metastasis to kidney, and adrenal gland metastasis. Chest and abdomen CT should be performed at this time. strong>

genetic testing

With the widespread use of targeted drugs, patients are routinely tested for genes after surgery. Commonly tested genes are EGFR, KRAS, HER2, ALK, ROS1, MET, HER2, and RET. Next-generation high-throughput sequencing The technology can detect all genes at one time.