In recent years, our economic level has improved significantly, and people obviously feel that their lives are getting better and better, so they start to pay attention to their health, because more people are gradually Realize that you can only enjoy a good life if you have a healthy body.
When people feel uncomfortable, they can also go to the hospital to consult a doctor in time to seek appropriate treatment And conditioning, under normal circumstances, when going to the hospital for an examination, the doctor will often suggest which items to check for the patient. There is one inspection item that people feel very resistant to, and that is colonoscopy.
Why do people resist colonoscopy?
When most people go to the hospital for physical examination, when they are told by the doctor to have a colonoscopy, they will feel very worried and resist. Some people even ask the doctor whether they can replace the colonoscopy with other inspection items.
The reason for this is that people don’t know enough about colonoscopy, and some people haven’t done it Colonoscopy, but when they hear people who have experienced colonoscopy say that colonoscopy is a very painful thing, they will feel resistance.
Except There are also some people who do not know enough about colonoscopy, but they do understand it. For example, people have heard that colonoscopy is to insert a flexible tube with a probe through the anus into the intestinal tract for imaging examination.
So people think this is a very embarrassing inspection item, so they also feel very resistant, maybe Common checks do make people feel very embarrassed, but after all, good health is the most important thing.
If you worry about doing The process of colonoscopy will cause pain. You can choose painless colonoscopy, which can not only avoid pain, but also avoid embarrassment during the inspection process.
Can colonoscopy detect early bowel cancer?
The reason why the doctor recommends the patient to undergo a colonoscopy is because the patient feels abdominal discomfort and consults the doctor, so he passes a series of Check the items and check the condition of the body.
< span>If there is really a problem with the intestinal tract, the early symptoms may not be so serious, and with the premise of cooperating with the treatment, it can generally be adjusted and improved accordingly.
However, when it develops to an advanced stage, it may become cancerous, and it will also cause a great burden and impact on the body , so people are very concerned about whether common examinations can detect early bowel cancer.
intestine Microscopic examination can detect early bowel cancer, but there is a possibility of misdiagnosis, because the lesion of early bowel cancer may not be as serious as imagined, and cancer itself is a hidden disease. p>
Although there is a certain probability of misdiagnosis through colonoscopy for early colon cancer, the probability of misdiagnosis is very low, because even if colonoscopy does not detect It can also be known through blood routine examination.
Early colon cancer cannot be judged immediately after the colonoscopy examination, but further examinations are required, such as tumor markers, enhanced CT and other examination items.
What other diseases can colonoscopy detect?
Polyps refer to small protrusions that appear on the inner wall of the intestine. Generally, polyps are almost benign and will be removed during colonoscopy, but larger polyps require hospitalization for surgical treatment. So colonoscopy can also find polyps.
- < span>Malignant tumor
Before we mentioned that colonoscopy can detect Early bowel cancer, in fact, the cancer in the intestinal tract is far more than early bowel cancer, such as colon cancer, lymphoma, neuroendocrine tumors, etc. These malignant tumors can also be found through colonoscopy, so the role of colonoscopy is very important. Pivotal.
- Mucosa lesions li>
As we all know, there is a layer of mucous membrane on the surface of the inner wall of the intestinal tract. The mucous membrane can protect the intestinal tract, and at the same time avoid viruses and bacteria The mucosa is the outermost layer of the intestinal tract and is also the part that is in direct contact with the feces. Colonoscopy can observe the condition of the intestinal mucosa and detect mucosal lesions in advance.
Doctor: There are 5 conditions, you need to check every year, don’t bother.
1. Long-term constipation, for those who have long-term constipation In other words, it is recommended to perform colonoscopy regularly, preferably every year. Constipation seems to be a simple defecation disorder, and it may be a signal of intestinal lesions in the long run.
2. Over 45 years old, research data shows that rectal cancer is more common in middle-aged and elderly people over 45 years old, so For those who are over 45 years old, it is best to have a colonoscopy every year, and it may be more timely to detect.
3. There are small hard lumps around the anus. In addition to hemorrhoids, small hard lumps around the anus may also be closely related to other intestinal lesions, so it is best for such people to go to the hospital in time. The hospital conducts relevant examinations, and should also perform colonoscopy regularly as directed by the doctor.
4. Blood in the stool, those with hemorrhoids People may have blood in the stool, if it is always unexplained blood in the stool for a period of time, it is best to go to the hospital for colonoscopy regularly, which is likely to have a lot to do with related intestinal lesions.
5. After colon cancer surgery, doctors often It is often recommended that patients with colon cancer surgery go to the hospital for regular check-ups after recovery. The purpose is to observe the recovery of the colon and avoid tumor metastasis or recurrence.
Although colonoscopy is an inspection item that people feel very resistant to, if you refuse to do colonoscopy, it may lead to the emergence of certain diseases. I hope you will not be too resistant. span>