Gastric cancer is a malignant tumor originating from the lungs, bronchial mucosa or glands. Its morbidity and mortality increase the fastest. It is one of the malignant tumors that threaten the health and life of the population the most. First, in the past 50 years, many countries have reported that the incidence and mortality of lung cancer have increased significantly.
Lung cancer incidence and mortality in men, both accounting for all malignancies The morbidity rate of females is the second, and the mortality rate is the second. A large number of data show that long-term heavy smoking is closely related to the occurrence of lung cancer. The probability of long-term heavy smoking is 10~10% of that of non-smokers. 20 times, the younger the age of smoking, the higher the risk of lung cancer.
Smoking not only directly affects the health of the individual, but also has a negative impact on the health of the surrounding people, leading to a significant increase in the incidence of lung cancer among passive smokers The incidence of lung cancer in urban residents is higher than that in rural areas, which may be related to the carcinogens contained in urban air pollution and smoke.
First of all, why second-hand smoke is more harmful than first-hand smoke?
Secondhand smoke is indeed much more harmful than firsthand smoke, because smokers themselves are inhaling cigarettes At the same time, in the smoke produced by cigarettes, only less than 10% of the harmful substances are inhaled into the lungs of smokers, and all the rest of the smoke will be discharged into the air. This is the smoke formed by second-hand smoke. People who do not smoke inhale relatively more harmful substances, and the harm they suffer is naturally greater.
There are two kinds of smoke in the process of smoking, one is mainstream smoke and the other is backflow smoke. Produced during smoking, backflow smoke refers to the smoke produced during the burning process of tobacco. Second-hand smoke is passive smoking. Passive smokers mainly inhale tributary smoke, while active smokers inhale mainstream smoke.
Only 70% is absorbed in the body, and 30% are exhaled out of the body and mixed into the side stream smoke to form second-hand smoke. Second-hand smoke refers to the smoke exhaled by the smoker and the smoke from burning tobacco during the smoking process, which together form a mixed smoke.
Second-hand smoke lasts longer than first-hand smoke, because the smoke of first-hand smoke may last for 5-10 minutes, but second-hand smoke spreads in the air The duration of the smoke in the smoke may be half an hour or even an hour. The actual harm of the smoke is greater than that of the first-hand smoke. There is more smoke, so second-hand smoke is more harmful than first-hand smoke.
Before the arrival of lung cancer, the body has already hinted it! Pay more attention to these abnormalities
1. Cough for no reason: After excluding microbial infections such as bacteria and viruses, In the case of respiratory inflammation and other chronic lung diseases, if you find cough or sputum due to unknown reasons, you should consider the possibility of lung cancer. This is because cancer cells proliferate in the lungs or surrounding tissues and stimulaterespiratory tract and cause coughing.
2. Bloody sputum, a lot of hemoptysis. Generally speaking, dry cough or sputum caused by cold and fever are not easy to have sputum. Blood, the sputum coughed up by the patient is usually light white or yellow-green. Occasionally, severe cough can cause mucous membrane damage, which will lead to bloodshot sputum. If there is no respiratory disease such as a cold, a large amount of coughing up blood or sputum Blood in the middle may be a precursor to lung cancer.
3. Dull pain in the chest area: patients with lung cancer When it occurs, not only will it show cough symptoms, but also the adverse reaction of pain in the chest area. The size and intensity of the pain area vary from person to person. Patients can have dull pain in the shoulders, chest, and upper abdomen. Aggravated by coughing.
4. Abnormal changes in breathing: alveolar tissue is of great significance to breathing. Once the lungs are normal, the alveolar tissue will be blocked to a certain extent Gas exchange between the body and the outside affects the normal breathing state of the patient. After suffering from lung cancer, there may be shortness of breath, chest tightness and shortness of breath.
5. Loss of appetite and weight loss: Common symptoms of lung cancer include Loss of appetite and weight loss. Lung cancer not only affects the respiratory system, but also causes adverse damage to the digestive system. The main reason is that cancer cells absorb nutrients in food during the period of mass proliferation in the human body, which may lead to malnutrition. When the disease continues to develop, it will There will be an abnormal phenomenon of rapid weight loss. If a sudden weight loss is found, it means that the cancer has further deteriorated.
Extension–Do people who smoke definitely get lung cancer?
Smoking does not necessarily cause lung cancer, but only increases the incidence of lung cancer.
The proportion of smokers who get lung cancer is about 10 times higher than that of non-smokers. According to statistics, among 100,000 non-smokers, The number of people who get lung cancer every year is about two, and among the 100,000 people who smoke, the number of people who get lung cancer is about 20 every year.
Smoking does not necessarily cause lung cancer. Non-smokers may also get lung cancer, but the incidence is different. Tobacco will produce tar and other carcinogenic substances after burning When smoking, these carcinogens may enter the lungs, which may cause the cells of the lungs to become cancerous and form lung cancer.
The various carcinogens inhaled when smoking will act on the lungs for a long time, causing lung cells to become cancerous, due to different The human body has different effects on these carcinogens, so smoking will increase the risk of lung cancer. In order to reduce the occurrence of lung cancer, it is recommended that everyone must quit smoking.
If it has been a long time If you have a smoking history, you need to regularly check chest CT or chest plain film at this time, so that lung cancer can be detected and treated early. If lung cancer is detected early, it can be treated early, which can significantly improve the treatment effect of lung cancer.