This article is reproduced from: Guangming.com
Recently, a product called “cross stick” has become popular on major online sales platforms, claiming that as long as you stand with it on your back for ten minutes every day, you can improve Bad posture, especially for stooping and hunchback, has a good corrective effect. Many sales advertisements also say “everyday back can give you a tall and straight posture + thin back line”, mainly for teenagers and young people who want to have a beautiful posture Female sales.
It’s summer vacation now, and many parents are worried that their children will bend over to do homework every day, and they will hunched over for a long time, so they place orders one after another.
Can two small sticks really solve the hunchback problem? What serious harm does hunchback have on the body? Listen to what the doctor has to say.
Can Internet celebrity products really solve the hunchback problem?
Surgeon: No scientific basis
Humpback is a relatively common spinal deformity. Due to thoracic kyphosis, a person’s back looks like a bulge, and the neck leans forward , looks very unsightly. Humpbacks have always been common among the elderly, but due to prolonged use of electronic products such as mobile phones with their heads bowed and their chests closed, as well as unhealthy living habits such as sedentary habits, hunchbacks among young people are now on the rise. So, can these Internet celebrity products such as “Cross Stick” really correct the hunchback?
Weng Xisheng, Director and Chief Physician of the Department of Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital: Generally speaking, various internet celebrity correction braces are not useful Great, there is no scientific basis. If the child has scoliosis or kyphosis, we need to do orthopedic braces, and we must ask a professional to do it. As for tying a “cross stick”, first, it has no scientific basis; second, it is impossible to tie a “cross stick” for a long time every day.
In addition to being unsightly, what harm does a hunchback have?
Actually, hunchbacks are not a natural phenomenon, and experts say that osteoporosis is one of the leading causes of hunchbacks. When people get old, they all have different degrees of osteoporosis, but the load on the body does not decrease at this time, and it is easy to bend over. Therefore, the prevention of hunchback should start from young adulthood.
How can I tell if I’m leaning forward or hunchback?
We face the mirror sideways and look at our ears and shoulders. The line connecting the two is a vertical line, which is normal. If the ears and the shoulders are connected by a slash, it means that there is a hunchback.
Experts introduced that there are many hazards such as rounded shoulders, hunched back, and forward leaning of the head, which must be corrected in time.
The harm of round shoulders and hunchback:
1. The most direct harm is to affect the overall appearance, from the side, the posture is no longer upright; from the back, the upper back scapula is prominent; From the front, with chest and head down, men are not strong, and women are not temperamental.
2. The hunchback generally causes the waist and abdomen to stand forward, which intensifies the formation of “big belly and small belly”.
3. Compress the cervical, lumbar and spine, causing pain, and in severe cases, insufficient blood supply to the brain, causing dizziness, arm numbness and other symptoms.
4. Accelerate the formation of high and low shoulders, and even cause the legs to become longer and shorter.
5. Decrease in height.
6. The hunchback can easily lead to rapid heartbeat and palpitation, because the hunchback will reduce the height of the center of the thorax by 3 to 5 cm, and the sternum will sink, so that the heart cannot be fully expanded under the compression of the sternum. In order to get enough oxygen, the heartbeat will speed up, and palpitation will follow.
Don’t believe in the advertisements of “net red” products
Pay attention to the correct standing and sitting posture
moderate exercise, appear Seek medical attention in a timely manner