Many people like to hoard food
Although some are past the expiration date p>
Even moldy, I still don’t want to throw it away
Sometimes to avoid waste
Heat and eat
So, can spoiled food be eaten after being boiled at high temperature? Let’s discuss it together.
The harm of food spoilage to the human body
Food spoilage refers to the phenomenon that the physical and chemical properties of food change under the influence of external factors, such as quality decline, color change, taste deterioration, and even unpleasant smell, thus losing its own food quality. food and nutritional value.
Food spoilage is related to microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi in the air. These microorganisms can be found everywhere in the daily environment, and they are also prone to appear in various links of food production, processing, transportation, storage and sales.
Contaminated food encounters suitable temperature, bacteria The bacteria and fungi will multiply and break down nutrients such as protein, fat and carbohydrates in the food. In this process, certain enzymes contained in the food itself can also promote the decomposition of food components, thereby accelerating the process of food deterioration.
In addition to losing nutritional value, spoiled food will also Produce a series of toxins that are harmful to human health. After people eat it, symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea may occur in mild cases, and in severe cases, it may cause food poisoning and even risk of death. Specifically, eating spoiled food can cause intestinal damage, food poisoning, and even cancer.
Intestinal inflammation is the most common hazard to the human body from eating spoiled food. Deteriorated food contains a large number of Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, etc. After these bacteria enter the human body, they will severely stimulate the human intestinal tract and cause acute gastroenteritis , bacillary dysentery and other diseases. Generally manifested as abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting and diarrhea.
Food Poisoning span>
After food spoilage, many toxic substances will be produced under the action of microbial metabolism. For example, deteriorated fresh white fungus and spoiled starch products are prone to produce rice yeast acid. This toxin can cause irreversible damage to vital organs of the human body, and there is currently no specific antidote for it in medicine. Food poisoning can manifest as nausea and vomiting in mild cases, and can cause jaundice, hematuria, hematemesis, and even death in severe cases.
In addition, sprouted potatoes , mildewed sugar cane, etc. also produce some toxins that can cause central nervous system damage.
The carcinogenicity of spoiled food is mainly related to aflatoxin. Aspergillus flavus is one of the strongest known carcinogens, and it is very easy to breed in grain, oil crops, and dried fruits, Meat and dairy products may also be contaminated with aflatoxins. Aflatoxins are extremely toxic, and short-term intake of large amounts can cause liver damage, and long-term intake can greatly increase the risk of cancer.
Is spoiled food still edible after being boiled?
Since the food has spoiled It is caused by external microorganisms. Is it safe to eat if the microorganisms in the spoiled food are killed by high temperature?
The answer is No!
This is because Some bacteria are resistant to high temperatures, and even heat cannot completely kill them. In addition, most of the toxins contained in spoiled food cannot be reduced or eliminated by high temperature, such as aflatoxin and rice yeast acid, etc., the heat resistance of these substances is very strong. In other words, boiled spoiled food can still cause vomiting, diarrhea, and food poisoning.
In addition, spoiled food Even if only a part is broken, the remaining part looks good, and it is not suitable for further consumption, such as common fruit mold in life. Studies have shown that for some moldy fruits, even if the rest of the fruit looks normal to the naked eye, it still contains a lot of mold. If you continue to eat it at this time, it will only increase the risk of getting sick.
Tips for daily food safety
As the saying goes, “Diseases come from the mouth”, and only by ensuring the hygiene and safety of the ingredients can we avoid them to the greatest extent. food safety hazards.
Daily life Tips
- After the food is cooked, try to finish it on the same day ,Cooked food may produce a large number of harmful bacteria after 4-5 hours of storage. Therefore, if cooked food needs to be stored for 4-5 hours, it should be stored under low temperature conditions.
- Food must be cooked and thoroughly cooked before eating< span>, pay particular attention to poultry, meat and milk.
- You should choose processed food, such as sterilized milk or quarantined meat,
- span>Don’t eat game.
- Food stored in the refrigerator must be reheated to above 70°C before eating.
- Use different cutting boards and knives for raw and cooked food , and bloom separately.
- Keep cooking utensils, kitchen utensils, tableware clean If possible, it is best to disinfect before use.
- Wash hands before handling food. Wash your hands after defecation, including changing diapers for infants and children, and after shoveling pet excrement, and avoid direct contact with food when the skin on your hands is damaged.
- Keep the kitchen environment clean and sort household waste in time< span>, to avoid breeding flies, bedbugs, etc. It is recommended to discard the suspected contaminated ingredients.
- Ensure that drinking water is clean. For turbid or obviously smelly water sources, professional testing should be carried out to ensure that it is safe before drinking, and avoid drinking unboiled water.
In short, we must be careful with spoiled food and try to eat it while it is fresh and within the shelf life. Once it is found that the nature of the food has changed, it should be discarded in time, and the small loss must not be lost.
Source: Guangxi Food Safety Association, Popular Science China
Editor: Zhuhai Market Regulatory team
Statement: The copyright belongs to the original author, if there is any infringement, please contact the background, we will deal with it within 24 hours