The World Health Organization Cancer Professional Committee believes that through health education programs and through the prevention of known carcinogens, about 1/3 of cancers can be prevented; through census, early detection of cancer patients, About 1/3 of cancer patients can get early diagnosis and treatment; and 1/3 of cancer patients can still prolong their survival time and improve their quality of life through active treatment. Therefore, from the early 1980s, experts in preventive medicine and social medicine put forward the concept of tertiary cancer prevention.
The most important of tertiary prevention is primary prevention, also known as etiological prevention, is to reduce or eliminate the carcinogenic effects of various carcinogenic factors on the human body, reduce the incidence rate, that is, prevent Not yet. Faced with the world’s largest cancer, lung cancer, as an individual, how should we do primary prevention?
1. Quit smoking The sooner you quit smoking, the lower the risk of lung cancer; at the same time, avoid passive smoking and stay away from smoking environments; smokers should also consider others, take the initiative to control themselves, and not smoke in public places.
2. Use environmentally friendly interior decoration materials to improve the living environment, conduct effective indoor ventilation at regular intervals every day, select appropriate oils and use a range hood with good smoke exhaust effect when cooking, and can Use an air purifier to prevent inhalation of harmful gases.
3. Prevention of occupational lung cancer When working in toxic and harmful environments, protective measures should be taken to reduce occupational hazards and prevent occupational lung cancer, such as reducing dust and smoke exposure, wearing protective masks, Formal operation, production change work clothes, shower, and work clothes are not brought home. In addition, to minimize radiation damage.
4. Eat more fruits, vegetables and vegetables. Fruits are rich in nutrients such as carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, folic acid, etc., which are beneficial to lung health and should be eaten appropriately; garlic, grains, Mushrooms, sesame seeds, eggs, etc. are rich in selenium, which is good for the body and should be eaten appropriately.
5. Active exercise Effective physical exercise can enhance lung function, increase lung capacity, enhance self-immunity, and play a certain role in resisting the occurrence of lung cancer.
6. Develop good living habits. Usually develop good work and rest habits, do not stay up late, do not overwork, do not smoke, do not drink, eat less junk food, and do not abuse drugs.
7. Maintain a good attitude People who are depressed for a long time will not only cause serious mental disorders, but also affect the secretion of various hormones in the body, leading to disturbances in the internal microenvironment. Caused by low immunity, there is evidence to prove that long-term low mood, the prevalence of depression tumor is higher than ordinary people.
8. Regular physical examination For people with high risk factors of lung cancer, regular lung cancer screening is especially required. Most early lung cancers do not have any symptoms and do not send any danger signals to the body, so physical examination is very important , for people who smoke for a long time and whose smoking index exceeds 400; people who have quit smoking for less than 15 years; people who are exposed to dust, toxic and harmful particle gases and radiation at work; have chronic lung diseases, such as tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and pulmonary fibrosis All of them belong to the high-risk group of lung cancer and need to strengthen physical examination.
So far, no food has been proven to have anti-cancer and anti-cancer effects, but many foods have been proven to have carcinogenic effects. Therefore, try to stay away from junk food and avoid overeating. Eating more fruits and vegetables, as well as nutritionally balanced as possible, can reduce the incidence of cancer, including lung cancer.