Orthodontics, also known as orthodontics, mainly uses various orthodontic devices to adjust the gap between the upper and lower jaws, between the upper and lower teeth, between the teeth and the jaws, and to connect them The abnormal relationship between the nerves and muscles of the body, to achieve the balance, stability and beauty of the oral and jaw system.
Which teeth need straightening?
1. Tooth crowding: the teeth come in and out, unsightly, difficult to clean, easy to suffer from dental caries, easy to form dental calculus, and lead to periodontal disease.
2. Anterior crossbite: Also known as “underbite”, it is manifested by the lower front teeth biting outside the upper front teeth, which affects the appearance and function.
3. Dental space: the performance of the gap between the teeth too much.
4. Deep overburden: also known as “burst teeth”, some of which only show that the upper front teeth protrude or the lower front teeth fall back; some are skeletal deformities.
5. Bimaxillary protrusion: The upper and lower front teeth protrude, causing the lip to protrude.
6. Posterior crossbite and locked jaw: affect masticatory function, and may lead to long-term deviation and deformity of the upper and lower jaws.
7. Deep overbite: It is manifested that the lower front teeth cannot be seen when occlusal; this kind of deformity is easy to bite the upper gums, and it is also easy to cause periodontitis and facial joint diseases of the front teeth.
What types of corrections are there?
From the perspective of the development stage of orthodontic materials, it can be generally divided into traditional orthodontics and invisible orthodontics.
Traditional correction uses metal brackets, ceramic brackets, etc. It needs to be operated by a professional doctor and cannot be removed and worn by oneself. It is not easy to clean, and it is easy to cause demineralization of enamel (the tooth surface becomes chalky), caries and mucosal ulcers, etc., and the comfort and aesthetics are also poor.
With the advancement of digital technology and people’s demand for aesthetics, full invisible orthodontics The device is gradually replacing the traditional bracket correction. Invisible orthodontics uses digital design and 3D printing technology to customize a series of transparent tooth trays to complete the entire orthodontic treatment. Because the brackets are completely transparent, it is called “invisible correction”. The correction process is difficult for others to notice, does not affect daily life and social interaction, and is extremely beautiful. And it can be removed and worn by yourself, which is convenient for oral cleaning, and the follow-up time is more free.
Is there an age limit for orthodontics ?
The best time for orthodontic treatment has different considerations according to different age groups:
1. Deciduous period (3~5 years old). The purpose of orthodontic treatment is mainly to promote the normal development of the maxillofacial area in children. This period is mainly aimed at malocclusions that hinder the normal development of the maxillofacial area, such as deciduous teeth (underbites), mandibular protrusion, and posterior teeth. Correct bad habits such as tongue sticking and lip biting that affect the normal function of the oral cavity in time to prevent the further occurrence of malocclusion.
2. Dental replacement period (girls: 8-10 years old, boys: 9-12 years old). There is generally no need to rush to correct the partial dentition that occurs during this period. If there are any abnormalities, it is often necessary to go to the hospital in time to find an orthodontist for examination to determine whether it is dental, functional or skeletal malocclusion, so as to clarify the treatment plan.
3. Permanent teeth (girls: 11-14 years old, boys: 13-15 years old). The permanent dentition begins to form around the age of 12. At this time, once the teeth appear uneven, they will not disappear automatically. It can only be corrected by orthodontist specialists. This period is the best for children to correct the uneven dentition During this period, the curative effect is the best, and all kinds of misaligned teeth can be treated with orthodontics.
4. Healthy teeth can be moved at any age. However, the physiological metabolism of adults is not as active as that of teenagers, and the oral environment is more complex, so the difficulty and time required for orthodontic treatment will increase to a certain extent.
Zhongke Dental is established by Jiangxi Zhongke Health Examination Co., Ltd. The company (group) strives to build a high-end dental medical brand in Jiangxi Province. Zhongke Dental is equipped with a professional dental medical team led by Chinese and Korean experts, with span>Digital Implant Center, Digital Orthodontic Center, Digital Aesthetic Restoration Center, Oral Preventive Health Care Center and other four characteristic departments and general dental diagnosis and treatment services, with an average annual reception of nearly 50,000 person-times.
As a professional oral medical institution rooted in Jiangxi, Zhongke Dental actively develops medical services for the benefit of the people, and specially launched Dental member policy, so that the general public “no more expensive dentistry”!
1) Orthodontics 50% off
< strong>2) Imported dental implants up to 32% off
3) Oral treatment exclusive member price
4) Enjoy a year-round sleep-style comfortable teeth cleaning package p>
Consultation hotline: 0791-87760006 19979097552
(Open membership until December 31, 2022)