Rural farming not only has a spacious space, but also has more natural feed. Compared with the farms around the city, the cost can be reduced a lot. With the current temperature drop, pig raising in winter Pay attention to the “five fears”, and you will win if you survive. Let’s take a look at the five fears of raising pigs in winter.
Pay attention to the “five fears” of pig raising in winter
1. Afraid of cold, low temperature in winter, the primary concern of pig raising is temperature, newborn piglets 32 ~ 35 ℃, nursery 20-22°C for pigs, 15-20°C for medium and large pigs. Low indoor temperature is not good for pigs to gain weight. According to research data, pigs will lose 17.8 grams of weight for every 1 degree Celsius decrease. If the house temperature is lowered below 4°C, the weight gain rate will be reduced by 50%. If you want to gain weight, you need to consume more feed and increase the cost of breeding.
2. Afraid of the tide, the humid environment is not good for the growth of piglets. Piglets in pig houses with high relative humidity in winter are prone to diarrhea, enteritis and other diseases. The relative humidity of piglets with different weights is referenced as piglets The optimum humidity is 50% to 70%, 70% for fattening pigs of 40 to 80 kg, 80% for fattening pigs of 80 to 110 kg, and 55% to 80% for breeding sows. Ventilate, increase light, and lay warm bedding on the ground.
3. Fear of coldness. Pigs cannot drink cold water and cold feed in winter. According to research, when the water temperature and material temperature are 0°C, raise the temperature of these water and feed materials to the level of body temperature of 39°C. The pig body will consume 682-878 kcal of heat energy, which is equivalent to 0.5-0.75 kg of concentrated feed per day. Keep the temperature up.
Fourth, fear of wind. Another point of raising pigs in winter is that they are most afraid of windy weather. Windy weather will not only easily reduce the temperature of the house, but also cause pigs to suffer from colds, strokes, rheumatism and other diseases. It is recommended to breed Households hang straw curtains and paste windows on the pig house in winter, and prevent cracks and gaps on the roof of the house, so as not to affect the normal growth of pigs when the cool wind enters at night.
Five, fear of disease. The most feared thing in poultry and livestock farming is disease. For example, the incidence of swine fever that appeared a few days ago was high and the transmission rate was fast. Therefore, it is better to pay attention to this point in winter and must strengthen it. Breeding management, keep the pens ventilated, clean and dry, regularly disinfect the pens, and observe the performance of the pigs such as shape, spirit, feeding, excrement, breathing, etc., so as to achieve early detection and early treatment.
Fattening tips for raising pigs in winter
1. The purpose of increasing feed and feeding times is to relatively increase feed intake to fill up the fat in pigs caused by low temperature. , Body weight deficit caused by intramuscular metabolic heat production. Or add oily high-energy feed to the feed.
2. Feeding density, the area occupied by each pig is reduced, and they can warm each other when lying down. At the same time, when the pig breeding density is high, their body heat dissipation will also increase, which will help increase the temperature in the house.
3. Pay attention to the pig house. Windows should be reserved on the south wall and roof of the closed pig house to prepare for the installation of glass in winter. It can also be covered with plastic film to facilitate lighting. (Source: A Code of Raising Pigs)