Clinical studies have shown that it has a significant therapeutic effect in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease: it can improve symptoms such as tremor, stiffness, slow movement or inability to move, and balance disorders; reduce the cost of oral medication Dose; can significantly improve the quality of daily life and ability of patients. Experience has shown that patients who respond well to levodopa are more effective.
Clinical studies have shown that it has a significant therapeutic effect in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease:
(1) It can improve symptoms such as tremor, stiffness, slow movement or immobility, and balance disorders;
( 2) Reduce the dose of oral drugs;
(3) Can significantly improve the quality of daily life and ability of patients. Experience has shown that patients who respond well to levodopa are more effective.
It is recommended that on the premise of carefully evaluating the efficacy and risks, the timing of deep brain stimulation surgery should be implanted in advance, that is, when early motor complications occur Implantation is considered at the time of symptoms, in order to obtain new treatment “honeymoon period”.
Which Parkinson’s disease patients are suitable for DBS?
1. Primary Parkinson’s disease
2. Taking levodopa once had a good effect, and the acute Madopar impact test was greater than 30 points
3. The curative effect of the drug has gradually declined or side effects have occurred
4. The age is not more than 80 years old
5. The disease has begun to affect normal work and life
6 , Patients and their families’ understanding of surgical expectations
Which patients are not suitable for DBS?
1. Patients with advanced Parkinson’s disease
< span>2. Parkinson’s disease patients with severe dementia and mental symptoms
3. Patients with severe cardiopulmonary disease and severe hypertension
4. People with severe bleeding tendency
5 , Those who cannot cooperate with postoperative program control and those who cannot accept implants
Routine examination (medical history, physical examination)
Record Parkinson’s disease diary (record on and off time )
Imaging evaluation (identify the syndrome, check for other brain structural changes)
Motor symptoms (acute levodopa shock test, Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale)
Non Motor symptoms (quality of life, sleep, cognition, mood, etc.)
Strict preoperative evaluation (neurosurgery, imaging, professional Surgery team, psychiatry department, etc.) Multidisciplinary comprehensive evaluation
What needs to be reminded is that the treatment of Parkinson’s disease is a comprehensive treatment process, neurological Internal medicine, neurosurgery, neuromodulation, and neuropsychology are all indispensable and require close cooperation of the team. The key to achieving good surgical results in DBS surgery is to choose the right timing of surgery, the right hospital for surgery, and the right specialist for surgery, which can effectively reduce the risk of surgery.