Introduction: Many people in life have experienced colonoscopy, but it is the first time I heard that people will refuse to do colonoscopy. After all, colonoscopy It is very embarrassing to do it in the private parts, and it is also very uncomfortable.
First of all, what is the process of colonoscopy with everyone here?
1. Intestinal preparation: Intestinal preparation is to clean up the feces in the large intestine for the next step Inspection, which is the key to colonoscopy, needs to be prepared at home in strict accordance with the requirements of the hospital.
Intestinal cleansing can be carried out according to the doctor’s orders in the hospital, usually divided into two types, one is to take electrolytes powder, usually 5 hours before the test, or warm water with a bowel cleanser as directed by your doctor, usually within two hours.
The methods used by different hospitals are also different. When cleaning the intestinal tract, it is important to take a large amount at the same time Flush with warm water or electrolytes to prevent and prevent dehydration. When taking it, you should control the speed. If the speed is too slow, the liquid will not be cleared through the intestines. If the effect of the intestines is poor, nausea and vomiting may occur if the speed is too fast.
Diarrhea will occur after taking the medicine, and the stool will change from feces to feces and then to clear water after defecating many times Discharge, when you see watery feces and relatively clear, you can meet the requirements of the hospital.
If the patient is over 60 years old, an electrocardiogram should be performed before the colonoscopy to prevent accidents .
2. Check posture : Bend your knees and hips, lie on your side, that is, curl your body, lie on your back on the examination table, with your back to the doctor. Some units require that the special crotch pants used for the inspection be replaced before the inspection, while some hospitals do not require the pants to be taken off.
3. Inspection time: Usually the inspection time is 15 minutes, which mainly depends on personal physical condition and colon lesions .
4. Anesthesia: Anesthesia needs to be injected at this time, and the effect is generally short. Wake up, but you must observe for a period of time before leaving after the examination. You are not allowed to drive a car, ride an electric car, or perform high-altitude operations or fine work on the day after the colonoscopy examination.
5. Inspection process: First, the doctor will insert the lubricated fiber colonoscope from the anus to the intestinal tract to continue Push it in, and you will feel relieved stool during the whole process of colonoscopy.
Sometimes it is necessary to inject a small amount of air, and patients with dilated intestinal cavity will have obvious abdominal distension, because the large intestine is curved and tortuous Or when the patient has abdominal surgery and intestinal adhesions, then there will be pain during the colonoscopy, so at this time, you can take a deep breath and try to relax the whole body.
During the examination, if the doctor finds suspicious lesions, sampling and biopsy are required.
What are the benefits of a colonoscopy?
1. Can clean up the stomach: colonoscopy can be better to a certain extent To clean up the accumulated impurities in the intestinal tract, proper colonoscopy can effectively improve intestinal discomfort and eliminate intestinal viruses and bacteria.
3. Can reduce postoperative complications: some patients may have postoperative complications, such as intestinal obstruction , Intestinal adhesions will endanger the patient’s health. Postoperative colonoscopy has the effect of combing the intestines, which can effectively discharge excess air and reduce the incidence of complications.
Why do most people not want to do colonoscopy?
First of all, many people think that colon cancer is far away from them, so there is no need for colonoscopy Check, but in fact, bowel cancer is a very hidden disease. There are often no signs in the early stage, so it is easy to be signaled by their mid-late stage. At this time, it is too late to regret.
Secondly, traditional colonoscopy is very painful and very complicated, and usually requires fasting for 1~2 days. After taking laxatives for bowel preparation, and there will be obvious discomfort, resulting in low acceptance by everyone.
But here to remind everyone that long-term examination is of great significance in the prevention and treatment of bowel cancer, patients should actively Responding to such an examination, otherwise it is likely to delay the best time for diagnosis and treatment of bowel cancer.
The following 5 symptoms appear in the body, colonoscopy is required
1. Frequent bloody stool p>
Many people have blood in the stool, which is considered to be caused by hemorrhoids. In fact, bowel cancer can cause frequent blood in the stool. Hemorrhoids have blood in the stool after defecation. It is bright red and does not mix with feces.
The stool of patients with bowel cancer, the blood is dark red and jam-colored, and the blood is often excreted together with the stool .
2. Abdominal mass
If you can feel a lump in the right middle abdomen, accompanied by abdominal pain, anemia and other abnormalities, you should be alert to bowel cancer at this time.
3. Abdominal pain
Abdominal pain is a typical manifestation of bowel cancer, especially right bowel cancer patients. Most of them will have dull pain. If the intestinal obstruction is very complicated, it will also manifest at this time For abdominal cramps.
4. Changes in bowel habits< /p>
If the number of bowel movements increases inexplicably, from one bowel movement per day to three to four bowel movements per day, the shape of the stool changes from soft to flat Or there is a groove shape, or constipation and diarrhea alternately, at this time you should be vigilant against bowel cancer.
5. Anemia and fatigue p>
With the growth of intestinal tumors, patients will experience varying degrees of anemia, and also be accompanied by a series of discomforts such as fatigue.
How long is the “validity period” of a colonoscopy? It is recommended to be careful Understand
The safe period for a colonoscopy is 10 years.< /span>
According to Li Zhaoshen, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, who has not had a colonoscopy before the age of 45 should do it as soon as possible The safe period is 5~10 years.
A 20-year long study published in The Lancet in 2017 A follow-up study of 2009 showed that after colonoscopy, the incidence of bowel cancer may be reduced by about 30% in the next 17 years.
< span>Here, everyone should pay attention to the fact that it is impossible to zero intestinal cancer by colonoscopy. During colonoscopy, there may be no intestinal polyps in the intestine, but they may grow in the future, so it is recommended Perform a colonoscopy every 5 to 10 years.
In addition, if colonoscopy is found during colonoscopy Polyps can also be removed and may grow back later, so regular review should be done.
However, colonoscopy can basically ensure that bowel cancer will not occur within 5 or 10 years.
Can colonoscopy detect Crohn’s disease?
Colonoscopy may not detect Crohn’s disease, which is more common in terminal The ileum and the adjacent colon, but all parts of the digestive tract from the mouth to the anus will be affected. This is full-thickness inflammation of the intestinal wall, so X-rays and colonoscopy are required for diagnosis.
Colonoscopy is more accurate in identifying and judging the scope and severity of Crohn’s disease in the early stage, However, only the terminal ileum can be observed, and the scope of observation will be limited if there is intestinal stricture or perennial point.
X-rays allow better visualization of all bowels and show wall and extraintestinal lesions, so it complements Colonoscopy is performed, and the inspection has a higher diagnostic probability.
For patients with chronic disease, recurrent right lower quadrant or perumbilical pain, diarrhea, weight loss, especially Patients with intestinal obstruction, intestinal fistula, abdominal tenderness, perianal lesions, fever, etc. should consider Crohn’s disease clinically and need to seek medical treatment and examination in time.
There is no effective cure for Crohn’s disease, but under the guidance of a doctor, glucocorticoids such as splashing Nisone and methylprednisolone, or immunosuppressants such as methotrexate and azathioprine, patients with Crohn’s disease should pay attention to a high-nutrient, low-fat diet and maintain a balanced diet.