Grain Rain is the sixth solar term of the twenty-four solar terms and the last solar term in spring. The festival is held every year from April 19th to 21st in the Gregorian calendar. Grain rain is taken from the meaning of “rain produces a hundred grains”, and the precipitation increases significantly at this time. Due to the increase in rainfall after the Grain Rain solar term, the humidity in the air gradually increases, and attention should be paid to preventing “dampness” from invading and hurting the body.
An ancient poem says: “On a rainy day in the mountains and valleys in February, the fragrant tea in Banpo is delicious. In the spring, sobering up and quenching thirst, I cherish the sprouts. Fried.” As the last solar term of spring, Grain Rain is often endowed with a beautiful poetic meaning by the ancients, and in traditional Chinese medicine, Grain Rain is also a good season for conditioning health. After the Grain Rain, the humidity in the air gradually increases. In this environment, dampness easily invades the human body, resulting in abdominal distention and poor appetite. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to dehumidification in Grain Rain health. In daily life, you should eat more foods that dispel dampness and benefit water, such as red beans, yam, barley, etc.
So how should Guyu maintain health? We can keep the following five points in mind.
1. Since the humidity in the air before and after Grain Rain will be relatively high, it will cause discomfort to our human body. A humid living environment will easily allow moisture to enter the body, resulting in loss of appetite, drowsiness, joint pain and other symptoms. Health care mustpay attention to removing moisture. We can use the method of dietetics to get rid of dampness. Boil red bean and barley into porridge, which can not only remove dampness, but also eliminate edema, strengthen the spleen and stomach, and invigorate the heart and nourish qi. Such ingredients can not only effectively absorb the nutrients in it , and at the same time will not cause too much burden on the spleen and stomach.
2. Pay attention to nourishing the spleen and stomach. During the Grain Rain season, due to climatic reasons, it is easy to cause stomach problems. Try to quit smoking and drinking. Although it is getting hotter and hotter at noon, summer drinks have become popular. A few friends may have started their journey of summer drinking, but for the sake of health, we should pay attention to it. It is not advisable to eat too cold foods at this time, such as ice cream, sashimi, and cola. Wait for food to avoid irritating the stomach and causing deficiency of the spleen and stomach.
3. You can eat more vegetables such as spinach, bitter gourd, cucumber, or fruits such as mulberries, pears, watermelons, bananas, etc., during the Grain Rain season to help the body eliminate moisture.
4. During the Grain Rain season, people are more sleepy and tired. It is advisable to go to bed early and get up early to regulate dirty air, and it is not advisable to sweat excessively. In addition, the climate here is relatively humid, and symptoms of shoulder and neck pain and joint pain are prone to occur. Pay attention to moisture-proof measures, take care of your body, and do not do strong labor and physical work.
5. Spiritually, keep a comfortable mood, a broad mind, listen to music more in free time, read books, travel, play Tai Chi, take a walk Cultivate your sentiments, avoid worry and anxiety, and get angry.