April 15-21, 2022 is the 28th National Cancer Prevention Awareness Week. The theme of this year’s awareness week is “Early Action for Cancer Prevention and Control”. Let us learn about the core knowledge of cancer prevention and treatment~
Cancer is a serious threat to public health
(1) Cancer is a general term for a large group of diseases. There are more than 3.5 million new cancer cases and more than 2 million deaths in my country every year. The prevention and control situation is grim.
(2) The most common cancers in my country include lung cancer, breast cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, colorectal cancer, esophageal cancer, cervical cancer, and thyroid cancer. In recent years, the incidence of lung cancer, breast cancer and colorectal cancer has shown a significant upward trend, and the incidence of liver cancer, gastric cancer and esophageal cancer is still high.
(3) Most cancers are the result of long-term accumulation of gene damage and changes in human cells under the long-term action of external factors. It is a multi-factor, multi-stage, complex and gradual process. It usually takes decades to decades for cells to develop into cancer cells.
(4) Carcinogenic factors are very complex, including external factors such as chemical, physical and chronic infections, as well as internal factors such as heredity, immunity, age, and lifestyle.
Cancer is preventable
(1) The World Health Organization proposes that one-third of cancers are completely preventable; one-third of cancers can be cured through early detection; one-third of cancers can be Some medical measures prolong life, relieve suffering and improve quality of life.
(2) We can prevent and control cancer through tertiary prevention. Primary prevention is the prevention of etiology and reduces the damage of external adverse factors; Early treatment; tertiary prevention is to improve quality of life and prolong survival time.
(3) International advanced experience shows that active prevention (such as health education, tobacco and alcohol control, early screening, etc.), standardized treatment and other measures can significantly reduce the incidence and death of cancer Effect.
(4) In some areas in my country where comprehensive cancer prevention and control strategies were implemented earlier, the incidence and mortality of cancer have shown a downward trend.
Unhealthy lifestyle changes can prevent cancer
(1) The World Health Organization considers cancer to be a lifestyle disease.
(2) Smoking, obesity, lack of exercise, unreasonable dietary habits, alcoholism, stress, and psychological stress are all risk factors for cancer.
(3) Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol, balanced diet, moderate exercise, and good mood can effectively reduce the incidence of cancer.
(4) The occurrence of cancer is a process of accumulation of related risk factors throughout the human life cycle. Cancer prevention and control is not just a matter for middle-aged and elderly people. It is necessary to pay attention to cancer prevention as soon as possible, develop a healthy lifestyle from an early age, avoid exposure to cancer-causing factors such as tobacco and alcohol, and reduce the risk of cancer.
Cancer is not contagious, but some carcinogens are
(1) Cancer is caused by changes in the genes of one’s own cells and is not contagious.
(2) Some bacteria (such as Helicobacter pylori) and viruses (such as human papilloma virus, hepatitis virus, EB virus, etc.) that are closely related to the occurrence of cancer are contagious.
(3) By maintaining personal hygiene and a healthy lifestyle, vaccination (such as hepatitis virus vaccine, human papilloma virus vaccine) can avoid infection of related bacteria and viruses, thereby preventing the occurrence of cancer .
RegulationsFan’s cancer prevention check-ups can detect cancer early
(1) Cancer prevention physical examination is a physical examination for common cancers based on cancer risk assessment. disease, early intervention.
(2) Most common cancers can be detected early with current technology. Lung cancer can be detected by using low-dose spiral CT of the chest, breast cancer can be detected by ultrasound combined with mammography, and gastrointestinal cancer can be detected by gastroenteroscopy.
(3) The appropriate interval for physical examination should be selected according to the age of the individual and the results of previous examinations.
(4) The anti-cancer physical examination is highly professional, pays attention to individualization and effectiveness, and should be carried out by a professional physical examination institution.
Early diagnosis and treatment are the keys to improving cancer survival
(1) The therapeutic effect and survival time of cancer are closely related to the sooner or later the cancer is discovered. The earlier the cancer is discovered, the better the treatment effect and the longer the survival time.
(2) Pay attention to the danger signs of cancer appearing in the body. If you have the following symptoms, you should go to the hospital for diagnosis and treatment in time.
1. An abnormal lump on a superficial part of the body.
2. Black moles and warts on the body surface deepen in color or increase rapidly in a short period of time.
3. Abnormal sensations in the body: choking, pain, etc.
4. Unhealed ulcers on the skin or mucous membranes.
5. Persistent indigestion and loss of appetite.
6. Changes in bowel habits and traits or blood.
7. Persistent hoarseness, dry cough, blood in sputum.
8. Hearing abnormalities, nosebleeds, headaches.
9. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, especially contact bleeding.
10. Painless hematuria, dysuria.
11. Unexplained fever, fatigue, progressive weight loss.
If you find cancer, you should choose a regular hospital for standardization
(1) There are two types of cancer treatment methods: surgical treatment and non-surgical treatment. Non-surgical treatment includes radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, endocrine therapy, and traditional Chinese medicine. Wait.
(2) Standardized treatment is a scientific summary of long-term clinical treatment work. The comprehensive treatment plan is determined according to the type of cancer and disease stage, which is the basic guarantee for curing cancer.
(3) Cancer patients should go to regular hospitals for standardized treatment, and do not believe in remedies or false advertisements, so as to avoid delaying treatment opportunities.
Cancer rehabilitation can effectively improve patient outcomes
Survival time and quality of life
(1) Cancer rehabilitation includes psychological rehabilitation and physical rehabilitation, which is a necessary continuation and improvement of clinical treatment.
(2) The recovery of cancer patients should be: optimistic attitude, balanced diet, proper exercise, rational drug use, and regular review.
(3) Pain is the most common and main symptom of cancer patients. To actively deal with pain through scientific pain relief methods with the help of a doctor, do not endure the pain.
(4) It is necessary to face up to cancer, actively adjust the body’s immunity, maintain a good physical and mental state, achieve long-term stability of the disease, and “coexist peacefully” with cancer.