Chen Mou (pseudonym) is a 44-year-old female patient with bloating. A month ago, I ate “glutinous rice cake”—Ai glutinous rice cake (a special product in Guangdong Province, which is made of glutinous rice). The glutinous rice itself is relatively difficult to digest. After eating it, she began to have stomach bloating. It has been a month, and it is accompanied by a little acid reflux. Appetite is average, sleep is ok, but stool is hard. The tongue is relatively pale red, with tooth marks, thin white tongue coating, and a heavy pulse.
I learned that Chen had a history of chronic gastritis with erosion, and Helicobacter pylori was also positive, so after eating this mugwort, he induced stomach bloating.
In this case, Dr. Liu gave Chen a classic recipe, which is “Panxia” Xiexin Soup”. This recipe is a classic recipe of the medical sage Zhang Zhongjing in the Treatise on Treating Cold and Heat. It is also a special remedy for stomach bloating. Many patients with stomach bloating are suitable for clinical treatment with Banxia Xiexin Decoction, or adding and subtracting on the basis of this prescription, the clinical effect is also very good.
What medicine is in “Banxia Xiexin Decoction” and why is it good for stomach bloating
1. There are Pinellia, Scutellaria, Coptidis, Ginger, Codonopsis, Licorice, and Jujube.
2. Stomach distension is also called “sickness syndrome” in the field of traditional Chinese medicine. It means that the qi is blocked, it should rise but not rise, and it should fall but not fall, and it is called “ruffian” when it is blocked in that place. Stomach bloating is a “sickness” that is stuck on the spleen and stomach. The spleen is originally rising, but it does not rise, and the stomach is originally descending, but it does not descend, and if it gets stuck in the middle, there will be a “sickness syndrome”.
3. “Banxia Xiexin Decoction” uses the pungent and hot properties of dried ginger to help the spleen rise, and the bitter cold of Scutellaria baicalensis and Coptis chinensis to help lower the stomach. Pinellia has a pungent taste, which helps to open the qi and open the qi; at the same time, it also has the function of lowering the stomach. Coupled with Codonopsis pilosula, licorice, jujube and other drugs to nourish the spleen and stomach, it has a very good effect on the treatment of “ruffian syndrome”.
After Chen returned to take the medicine, his stomach bloating was significantly improved. During the follow-up visit, Dr. Liu gave her this prescription again. However, because she also reported that she did not sleep well, Dr. Liu added 20 grams of jujube seeds and 20 grams of raw oysters to consolidate the treatment. You know, the bloating is gone.
What does Dr. Liu want to tell you through this case?
1. Diseases of the digestive system are one of the dominant diseases treated by TCM. For some stomach bloating that cannot be solved by western medicine, they will come to our TCM by themselves. . After taking Chinese medicine, the feedback effect is very good. So if you have digestive system diseases, you can go to the local Chinese medicine doctor to take a good look. Many people say that this disease cannot be cured, but in fact many people do not know that Chinese medicine can cure it. As a result, he has been wandering and is in a more painful state.
2. There is a very classic acupoint called Zusanli. This acupoint has a two-way regulating effect, and it has a good therapeutic effect on some diseases of the spleen and stomach. If you have stomach bloating, you can press it around the Zusanli acupoint, find the location of the soreness and rub it with your thumb, it will relieve the effect well. Generally, it can be kneaded twice a day for 10-15 minutes each time.
3. Many people ask if there is a Chinese patent medicine for “Banxia Xiexin Decoction”, in fact this medicine Proprietary Chinese medicines are generally not found. Even if it is found, Dr. Liu still recommends looking for a local Chinese medicine doctor, because each person has different degrees of complexity of cold and heat, some are a little bit colder, some are a little bit hotter.
If the cold is severe, the amount of dried ginger may be slightly larger. But if it is a little more hot, then maybe the amount of Scutellaria and Coptidis will be a little more. In addition, if it is accompanied by other symptoms, it needs to be added or subtracted. For example, in the case of Chen today, when she returned for the second consultation, the feedback said that she did not sleep very well. Dr. Liu also added sour jujube seeds and raw oysters.
Traditional Chinese medicine has advantages in the treatment of chronic gastritis. It not only treats chronic gastritis, but also has a conditioning function on the stomach, such as conditioning the stomach. Qi and blood. In addition, there are many programs in traditional Chinese medicine to treat gastritis, such as Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, massage, etc., and the side effects are relatively few.
For friends with chronic gastritis, in addition to Chinese medicine treatment, they should also pay attention to diet regulation and eat some foods that nourish the stomach and are easy to digest and absorb. To develop good eating habits, eat less spicy spicy, fried, barbecued, pickled, and too greasy food that is not easy to digest and absorb. Don’t smoke, don’t drink alcohol, drink less coffee, strong tea, beverages, etc. Usually minimize the use of drugs that damage the gastric mucosa.