Don’t be a “mushroom warrior”! Wild poisonous mushrooms are “emerging” again, the secret of lightning protection click here

As the temperature rises and the rainfall increases, wild mushrooms “emerge” one after another. Every summer is a period of high incidence of poisoning by mistakenly ingesting poisonous wild mushrooms. There are many news of mushroom poisoning every year.

(The picture comes from the photo network)

Symptoms of wild mushroom poisoning

Mainly include gastrointestinal toxic type, neuropsychiatric type, hemolytic type, liver damage type, respiratory and circulatory failure type, photoallergic dermatitis type, etc. Among them, gastrointestinal poisoning is the most common type.

The incubation period of general mushroom poisoning is 15 minutes to 41 hours, and the incubation period of 90% of poisoned patients is within 6 hours, with an average of 2.8 hours.

There is still a “false recovery period” for wild mushroom poisoning. Patients feel that they have “recovered” after vomiting, diarrhea and other symptoms, but in fact, serious liver and kidney function abnormalities have occurred in the body. May cause multiple organ failure.

(The picture comes from the photo network)

Recently, there is a lot of popularity on the Internet. It belongs to Boletus, and improper cooking can easily cause gastrointestinal reactions, “Lilliputian Vision Syndrome” and so on.

The game Super Mario eats mushrooms to get bigger. The idea may come from the hallucination of getting bigger after eating this poisonous mushroom.

Warm reminder

In the 2022 edition of “Common Toadstools (Poisonous Mushrooms) in Yunnan”, the juicy green has been included in the list of not picking, not purchasing, not processing and not eating.

How to Identify Poisonous Wild Mushrooms There have been many “secrets” on the Internet on how to identify poisonous mushrooms, but they are actually pits. Identifying poisonous mushrooms requires professional knowledge and the help of certain equipment. At present, there is no scientific method to easily identify poisonous wild mushrooms.

Common mistakes

Bright mushrooms are poisonous, but ordinary ones are not poisonous

Some wild mushrooms with ordinary colors are also poisonous, such as white poisonous umbrella, also known as deadly amanita, which is highly poisonous;

And chanterelles and some brightly colored red mushrooms are delicious edible mushrooms.

Toxic in dark and damp places, edible in clean places

The clean, dirty environment has nothing to do with the toxicity of mushrooms.

Some poisonous mushrooms, such as Amanita, grow in relatively clean woodlands.

(The picture comes from the photo network)

Boiled with silverware and garlic, it is poisonous when it turns black

None of the poisonous mushrooms contain sulfur or sulfide, and will not blacken silverware or cook with garlic.

Poisonous mushrooms often have scales, mucus, and stolons and rings on the rods

Many poisonous mushrooms do not have this characteristic.

Break open mushrooms with milk, or discolored mushrooms are poisonous

Some poisonous mushrooms do have secretions, or may become discolored when injured.

However, some edible mushrooms, such as pine milk mushrooms and red milk milk mushrooms, will also exude milk after they are opened, and the cross-section of some edible porcini mushrooms will turn blue.

Maggots or worms are not poisonous

What can be eaten by insects does not mean that people can also eat it. Many highly toxic amanita mushrooms will also produce maggots and insects when they mature.

Accidentally ingested poisonous mushrooms, what should I do?


Seek immediate medical attention:

Immediately go to a regular hospital for treatment or call 120 after being poisoned. People who have eaten the same mushrooms together need to go to the hospital for examination immediately, regardless of whether they are sick or not.


Induce vomiting immediately:

Take a large amount of warm saline first, then stimulate the throat with your fingers (you can wrap your fingers in a cloth) to induce vomiting and reduce the absorption of toxins.

If the poisoned person is in a coma, it is not suitable to induce vomiting, which may easily cause suffocation.


Keep the poisonous mushroom samples:

It is best to take pictures and carry the remaining mushroom samples for professional reference.

(The picture comes from the photo network)

After wild mushroom poisoning, the disease is dangerous, the fatality rate is high, and there is no special medicine. In order to prevent the occurrence of wild mushroom poisoning accidents, the best prevention and control is “don’t pick, don’t buy, don’t eat”.

For the health of you and your family, cherish life and stay away from poisonous wild mushrooms!

(Health Shanghai 12320)