Onychomycosis is a very common disease. There are many reasons for onychomycosis. It is mainly the lesions that the fungus invades to the nails. After getting onychomycosis, everyone’s nails will have some symptoms, and everyone should pay special attention. What should I do if I find out that I have onychomycosis?
Causes of onychomycosis
1. If you have been exposed to water or chemicals for a long time, it is very May cause onychomycosis. Occupations such as cooks and dishwashers soak their hands in water, which can cause onychomycosis. Some women like manicure very much. If the manicure tools are not sterilized, onychomycosis will appear.
2. Frequent contact with patients with onychomycosis. To know that onychomycosis is contagious to a certain extent, someone in the family has onychomycosis, and there are frequent contacts with onychomycosis patients, so it is very likely that onychomycosis will occur, and your children may also have a certain genetic probability.
3. Environmental factors. Some areas have the characteristics of high temperature and high humidity. Always in these environments, people will suffer from onychomycosis. In summer, the chance of getting onychomycosis is higher than in other seasons, and working in a hot environment can also cause ringworm.
4. Do not pay attention to personal hygiene. If you don’t pay attention to personal hygiene, you can easily lead to fungal infection, which can lead to onychomycosis.
5. Suffering from tinea pedis. Friends with tinea pedis are also prone to fungal infection of their nails, which can lead to onychomycosis.
6. The nails are impacted. If you often wear shoes that are one size smaller and your nails are impacted, it will cause onychomycosis. In addition, some women like to wear high-heeled shoes. If they wear shoes that are too pointed in the front, the toes will be squeezed, and the nails will become lesions, which will cause onychomycosis.
Symptoms of onychomycosis
1. Discoloration: When the nail plate of the patient’s friend is damaged by keratin, the symptoms of discoloration will also appear. Nails are gray, yellow, black, white, brown, etc.
2. Nail separation: When the thickened horny material of onychomycosis patients’ friends falls off, it will cause the patient’s nail plate to separate from the nail bed.
3. Hook nail: When the patient’s friend’s diseased nail grows too long, it will bend to the palmoplantar side, which is a typical symptom of onychomycosis.
4. Paronychia: When the patient’s nail root and nail groove are infected with candida, the patient will experience symptoms of paronychia, which is characterized by flushing and swelling of the nail root and nail groove. .
5. Hypertrophy: The nail plate of a friend of a patient with onychomycosis will appear thickened, which is caused by the accumulation of keratin under the patient’s nail, which is much thicker than the normal nail plate.
6. Turbidity: The patient’s friend’s nail plate is not as transparent as the normal nail plate, but is dirty or cloudy, and has no luster.
7. Atrophy of the nail plate: The nail plate of the friends of onychomycosis patients will become thin and small, which is caused by the fungal infection of the nails.